It’s only November, and I am already over the cold.
I am over being chilled to the bone. I am over rushing from the car to the front door of my home.
I am over wearing scarves because I need to and not just because they complement my outfit.
And one thing that has soothed my shivers is hot chocolate.
So to help fuel my warm thoughts, I’ve culled this collection of hot cocoa recipes and options and additions, with the help of Pinterest.
Not all of these treats are in drink form — or even hot. But all will bring upon memories of cozy cable knit sweaters, chestnuts roasting, open fires and all of that.
1. eggnog ice cream hot chocolate from Eat Drink Eat | 2. frozen hot chocolate from Tasty Kitchen | 3. frozen whipped cream dollops from The Creative Mama | 4. white hot chocolate from Gimme Some Oven | 5. hot cocoa spoons from ExPress-O | 6. Nutella hot chocolate from The Hungry Housewife | 7. hot cocoa sticks from 30 Pounds of Apples | 8. hot chocolate icebox cake from Beyond Frosting | 9. peppermint hot chocolate from Fortune Goodies | 10. hot cocoa truffles from Your Cup of Cake | 11. Baileys and hot chocolate tiramisu from Pham Fatale | 12. pumpkin pie white hot chocolate from Closet Cooking
Do you have other favorite variations on the hot chocolate theme? If so, please share in the comments.
There are many cold nights ahead. Keep the cocoa coming!
As with other Pins of the Day, I have not personally tried the recipes listed but thought they were interesting enough to pass along. If you do try them, let me know how it goes.
Put a pin in it
Other readers have liked these
- Knock-off options for Pottery Barn Edison Chandelier
- Blogs that rock: a case study
- Howl roars for free speech
- Fun with color-blocking: How to recover Toms shoes
- Pin(s) of the Day: Alcoholic marshmallows
- Easy diy baby gifts
- My go as a flea market peddler
- Pin(s) of the Day: Egg-less Easter DIYs
- Other offices, re-evaluated
- A new group + a new app
For sale on Etsy
Take my stuff!Feel free to use one or two photos from each post or a few paragraphs but only if you also credit them to The Em Dash and link back to the specific blog post or Etsy item. That goes the same for Pinterest.
And if you do share, please let me know by emailing emily (at) theemdash.com. Thanks!