This is an addendum to my previous IKEA post.
After staring at the new IKEA catalog’s pages, I couldn’t help but identify some favorites that I would like to put in my home someday — my lovely, dream home in Scandinavia that is monochromatic yet also awash in bright colors.
Not all of these items are brand new to IKEA, and I can’t pronounce most of their names.
But come with me on my trip into my home design fantasy world, won’t you?
1. Lappljung ruta rug. $99. I want this rug for my dining room OH SO BAD. It was one of those instances, where I saw it on the page, and it just clicked. This is my Ian Somerhalder of home furnishings. I’m crushing so bad.
2. IKEA PS 2012 easy chair. $149.
3. Jonosfar pendant lamp. $14.99. It looks like paper, but it’s steel. Those crafty Swedes.
1. IKEA PS 2012 pendant light. $99. This light is a bit like a spaceship and a bit like a diamond — two things I wouldn’t expect to resemble the same thing.
2. Storsele chair. $119. This chair could be good on a deck or even inside with a cozy blanket on it.
3. Tvingen shower curtain. $6.99.
4. Kladsam mobile. $9.99. I really want to find a place for this. Is this only appropriate for a kid’s room? I think not.
1. Gulort rug. $39.99. Oh, where could I put you, lovely owls in pomegranate-type things.
2. Hektar pendant light. $69.99.
3. Stockholm mirror. $99.
4. Huset doll furniture. $12.99. I have no real use for mini-IKEA furniture, but I’m so thrilled that they make this.
What are some of your favorite IKEA pieces?
Put a pin in it
Other readers have liked these
- Blogs that rock: a case study
- Knock-off options for Pottery Barn Edison Chandelier
- Howl roars for free speech
- Fun with color-blocking: How to recover Toms shoes
- My go as a flea market peddler
- Pin(s) of the Day: Alcoholic marshmallows
- Pin(s) of the Day: Egg-less Easter DIYs
- Other offices, re-evaluated
- A new group + a new app
- Put on a fancy hat and talk Derby to me
For sale on Etsy
Take my stuff!Feel free to use one or two photos from each post or a few paragraphs but only if you also credit them to The Em Dash and link back to the specific blog post or Etsy item. That goes the same for Pinterest.
And if you do share, please let me know by emailing emily (at) theemdash.com. Thanks!
Where I'm going
There are no upcoming events.
View Calendar Add Add